Behind the Runway: Michael Kors fall 2017. Get the makeup look.

   Don't get me wrong I love the fashion and the runway, but my favorite part of fashion week is the behind the scenes pictures and videos. I love what goes on behind the stage, I love the commotion and chaos. I want to start a series called "Behind the runway" where I post pictures and videos of what goes on behind the runway and how the looks come together before the models go onstage. I want to write about runway shows from every era and year, in no order at all, and how they come together. My absolute favorite part of fashion is the runways and fashion weeks. It's fascinating how runway fashion, makeup, and hair are limitless on the stage. There are no rules when it comes to runway, hell even nipples are free #freethenipple.
   I am not by any means a professional makeup artist or hairstylist, just a very passionate person about hair and makeup. This is how I would recreate the looks or an idea of how to achieve a very similar look.
The first three pictures are close ups of the finished look.


Makeup↴↴↴


  1. The first step to achieve this "no makeup" makeup look is to moisturize the face. This look is simple, fast and easy. This is a fresh makeup look that's meant to be effortless. Once you're done moisturizing get ready to put on foundation.
  2.  The second step is foundation. For foundation I didn't see them use any liquids or creams, all they used was powder, it seems. From the picture is seems like they used MAC studio fix powder plus foundation. Choose the shade that matches your neck the most for a seamless finish. They used a stippling brush to apply the product on bare skin. The mission is to achieve the illusion that you're not wearing any foundation or much of it.
  3. The next step is eyebrows. For the eyebrows I'm not sure what product they used, but I'm sure any eyebrow product will help you achieve this look. The vital part is to use an eyebrow pencil that matches your eyebrow shade, not lighter or darker. Then you draw little strokes on your eyebrows making sure not to over line, keep it natural and close to your eyebrow hairs for this look. Then you diffuse the lines with a brush that fits your eyebrow size. After that you get a spoolie and brush the hairs upward. You don't need eyebrow gel.


  4. Onto the eyes! For the eyes it's simple but important. Get a dark brown pencil eyeliner and apply it on the rim of the eyes, above and below your lash lines. Then smudge it out with a flat or precise brush. This look doesn't have to be exact since it's meant to look effortless. You can also apply a dark brown shadow on the brush and then apply it to the eyes. I've noticed that makeup artists achieve the same look but don't apply it the same or use different techniques.




  5. The final step for makeup is the lips. For the lips they didn't really do anything, just added chapstick for soft lips. You can use any chapstick you want.

The end.

Comments

Popular Posts